Original Post
Hi, I am creating a framework for a bigger project. I am wondering how should I go about detecting collision on tilemaps? The tile collision detection doesn't work for me: I am going to have small and detailed objects, while tiles are 32x32, which means that I wouldn't be able to detect the collision between the character and enemies and the detailed objects. The same goes for rectangular collision detection.
Another question is how should I go about drawing static objects? But I think that that is related. Currently I have tried texture/sprite drawing, but they are not static that way, they move along with the tile map.
Thank you!
Another question is how should I go about drawing static objects? But I think that that is related. Currently I have tried texture/sprite drawing, but they are not static that way, they move along with the tile map.
Thank you!