Original Post
The basic mechanic is: you have X acres of land (just a number, no map, no nothing) you construct buildings (each building needs 1 acre of land) to produce/process things. All buildings of the same type are grouped together and represented as one variable.
In short you have: 100 acres of land which is used on: 5 coal mines, 2 iron mines, 10 farms and 83 acres are unoccupied.
I have trouble with mining resources. You can build a coal mine and it produces +5 coal per turn, or an iron mine which produce +5 iron per turn. It is very dry. You can just build any mine you need without regard of anything. No ore deposits, no other limits.
Again, the assumption is there is no map of any kind and all mine type are grouped as one variable (can't differentiate between iron mines, all iron mines are identical, so I can't allocate ore X deposits to a mine Y, there are no distances between buildings, etc).
The best I could think of was "prospecting level". Like, you perform prospecting action/investment to unlock deposits. You can build a mine only if you have less mines than unused deposits.
In short you have: 100 acres of land which is used on: 5 coal mines, 2 iron mines, 10 farms and 83 acres are unoccupied.
I have trouble with mining resources. You can build a coal mine and it produces +5 coal per turn, or an iron mine which produce +5 iron per turn. It is very dry. You can just build any mine you need without regard of anything. No ore deposits, no other limits.
Again, the assumption is there is no map of any kind and all mine type are grouped as one variable (can't differentiate between iron mines, all iron mines are identical, so I can't allocate ore X deposits to a mine Y, there are no distances between buildings, etc).
The best I could think of was "prospecting level". Like, you perform prospecting action/investment to unlock deposits. You can build a mine only if you have less mines than unused deposits.