Original Post
Good morning everyone,
Working on a side project of mine using OpenGL and ran into a problem with rendering a texture on the model I'm trying to animate. The model always shows up as completely black. I've bind the texture I'm trying to use to a quad and it rendered without a problem. This means that I'm loading/binding the texture correctly. I have also disabled lighting, and checked the texture coordinates I'm using which look fine. At the very least if the texture coordinates were wrong I should see something other than black. I have also checked glGetError and I'm not getting any errors. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Thank you.
InitGL()
DrawScene()
CModel Render()
Working on a side project of mine using OpenGL and ran into a problem with rendering a texture on the model I'm trying to animate. The model always shows up as completely black. I've bind the texture I'm trying to use to a quad and it rendered without a problem. This means that I'm loading/binding the texture correctly. I have also disabled lighting, and checked the texture coordinates I'm using which look fine. At the very least if the texture coordinates were wrong I should see something other than black. I have also checked glGetError and I'm not getting any errors. If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Thank you.
InitGL()
CLight::Initialize();
CTextureManager::GetInstance()->Initialize();
establishProjectionMatrix(width, height);
//glShadeModel(GL_SMOOTH);
glClearColor(1.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f, 1.0f);
glEnable(GL_DEPTH_TEST);
glDepthFunc(GL_LEQUAL);
glHint(GL_PERSPECTIVE_CORRECTION_HINT, GL_NICEST);
glEnable(GL_PERSPECTIVE_CORRECTION_HINT);
glEnableClientState( GL_VERTEX_ARRAY );
//glEnableClientState( GL_NORMAL_ARRAY );
glEnableClientState( GL_TEXTURE_COORD_ARRAY );
mainCLight = new CLight(LSPOT);
mainCLight->setDiffuse(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f);
mainCLight->setPosition(0, 50, 0);
DrawScene()
//Setup Scene
glClear(GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT | GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT);
establishProjectionMatrix(windowWidth, windowHeight);
//TODO: remove
GLuint err = glGetError();
glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW);
glLoadIdentity();
glEnable(GL_LIGHTING);
glDisable(GL_BLEND);
//Update the scene from mouse control
glTranslatef(translate.x, translate.y, zoom);
glRotatef(rotateX, 1.0f, 0.0f, 0.0f);
glRotatef(rotateY, 0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f);
//Draw all lights in the scene
for(int i = 0; i < (int)CLight::lights.size(); i++)
{
CLight* test = CLight::lights;
CLight::lights->updateLight();
}
//Draw grid with no texture
glEnable(GL_BLEND);
glDisable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
drawGrid();
//Draw the model we're animating
glDisable(GL_BLEND);
model.DrawModel(bRenderSkin, bRenderPoints, bRenderJoints);
//Draw Controls
glColor3f(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f);
glDisable(GL_LIGHTING);
setOrtho(windowWidth, windowHeight);
glMatrixMode(GL_MODELVIEW);
glLoadIdentity();
displayFPS();
drawControls();
//Clean
glFlush();
SDL_GL_SwapBuffers();
CModel Render()
//Draw Quad TODO: remove later
glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texHandle);
glBegin(GL_QUADS);
glVertex3f(-1.0f, -1.0f, 0.0f); // The bottom left corner
glTexCoord2f(0, 0);
glVertex3f(-1.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f); // The top left corner
glTexCoord2f(1, 0);
glVertex3f(1.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f); // The top right corner
glTexCoord2f(0, 1);
glVertex3f(1.0f, -1.0f, 0.0f); // The bottom right corner
glTexCoord2f(1, 1);
glEnd( );
//Draw Model
glVertexPointer( 3, GL_FLOAT, 0, &m_vMeshes->GetVertices()[0] ); //NOTE: Remember the [0] at the end when using vectors
//glNormalPointer(GL_FLOAT, 0, &m_vMeshes->GetNormals()[0]);
glTexCoordPointer(2, GL_FLOAT, 0, &m_vMeshes->GetTexCoords()[0]);
glDisable(GL_LIGHTING);
glEnable(GL_TEXTURE_2D);
glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texHandle);
glDrawElements( GL_TRIANGLES, (GLsizei)m_vMeshes->GetIndices().size(), GL_UNSIGNED_INT, &m_vMeshes->GetIndices()[0] );