Original Post
Hello everyone,
Lately, I've been running into several design issues with my 'RenderManager'. Therefore I would like to ask how you tackle certain things.
First let me explain something about my RenderManager:
- Mostly shader driven (Vertex and pixel shaders only)
- Objects stored in VBO's on the GPU
- Every object can only have a single texture.
First Question:
What information do you pass to your RenderManager? Just the VBO-ID, RenderPrimitive, texture, position and rotation of every object or do you send a lot of descripting data along? If so, what data would that be?
Second question:
If you have some asset data, say a mesh. Do you load the file into memory, transfer it to the GPU (VBO) and free the memory or do you have a different approach?
I thank you all in advance,
assainator
Lately, I've been running into several design issues with my 'RenderManager'. Therefore I would like to ask how you tackle certain things.
First let me explain something about my RenderManager:
- Mostly shader driven (Vertex and pixel shaders only)
- Objects stored in VBO's on the GPU
- Every object can only have a single texture.
First Question:
What information do you pass to your RenderManager? Just the VBO-ID, RenderPrimitive, texture, position and rotation of every object or do you send a lot of descripting data along? If so, what data would that be?
Second question:
If you have some asset data, say a mesh. Do you load the file into memory, transfer it to the GPU (VBO) and free the memory or do you have a different approach?
I thank you all in advance,
assainator