Original Post
Hi!
I'm making a game where I'd like to have the user able to change clothes
on the main character model.
How do I best go about this?
The clothes will of course have to move like the character moves.
I'm guessing one approach would be to properly map up and name the vertices (with prefixes) of the e.g pants,
and maybe programmatically have the different bones give weight to the vertices?
I've animated the character model with bones.
But this sounds very messy to me.
There has to be some easy (generic) way of making this simple in 3ds max, which I've made the model in?
Maybe programmatically make the different vertices move according to their closest vertex from the player object?
Leaves a lot of room for error...?
Thanks for your replies!
-C3rial-
I'm making a game where I'd like to have the user able to change clothes
on the main character model.
How do I best go about this?
The clothes will of course have to move like the character moves.
I'm guessing one approach would be to properly map up and name the vertices (with prefixes) of the e.g pants,
and maybe programmatically have the different bones give weight to the vertices?
I've animated the character model with bones.
But this sounds very messy to me.
There has to be some easy (generic) way of making this simple in 3ds max, which I've made the model in?
Maybe programmatically make the different vertices move according to their closest vertex from the player object?
Leaves a lot of room for error...?
Thanks for your replies!
-C3rial-