Original Post
I am currently a freshman at college studying game design, with the dream of one day realizing my two dream storylines into a game format. I won't tell you what they are here, but if you are interested I will tell you as long as you know I want to hold onto it until I feel it can be done justice, and that I'm trusting you not to steal my idea lol.
Anyway, I consider myself, first and foremost, a storyteller. I don't want to seem too braggy, but in terms of storytelling I believe I've got something special. I also think I'm a good writer, but I suppose I'd need to let other people judge me on that.
I am learning Java programming at college, and while I am able to understand it (even if it is basic stuff relatively speaking) and I am pretty good at the mathematical mindset, my specialty is in ideas. Whether it be storytelling or level design, the absract concepts of planning interests me more then the nuts and bolts of actually implementing them :/
As for previous work... Well, in LittleBigPlanet, I did spend 20 months organizing a 20 level long series. However, the disappointment of the result makes me never want to think about that experience again. What I came up with out of that was that I am not good at leading people. If I could have a leader figure to organize the people while still being able to have a big part in the overall planning and story, that'd be a dream come true for me lol.
Well, anyway. I'd prefer to work on either a Zelda-esque adventure game (NOT a zelda game, but just one that plays like one with puzzles and items and stuff. We really need more games like that ;-;) or a JRPG. I am a storyteller at heart, mind you, so I probably wouldn't work on a sports game or anything. In fact, definitely wouldn't work on a sports game. In order for me to be interested, it needs a story to drive it forward. So I may be open to more genres as long as there is some story.
Anyway, if anyone is interested in seeing one of my concepts I can send it to you. It's not written nicely, but you should be able to get an idea of my storytelling abilities, or lack thereof if you think so.
Anyway, I consider myself, first and foremost, a storyteller. I don't want to seem too braggy, but in terms of storytelling I believe I've got something special. I also think I'm a good writer, but I suppose I'd need to let other people judge me on that.
I am learning Java programming at college, and while I am able to understand it (even if it is basic stuff relatively speaking) and I am pretty good at the mathematical mindset, my specialty is in ideas. Whether it be storytelling or level design, the absract concepts of planning interests me more then the nuts and bolts of actually implementing them :/
As for previous work... Well, in LittleBigPlanet, I did spend 20 months organizing a 20 level long series. However, the disappointment of the result makes me never want to think about that experience again. What I came up with out of that was that I am not good at leading people. If I could have a leader figure to organize the people while still being able to have a big part in the overall planning and story, that'd be a dream come true for me lol.
Well, anyway. I'd prefer to work on either a Zelda-esque adventure game (NOT a zelda game, but just one that plays like one with puzzles and items and stuff. We really need more games like that ;-;) or a JRPG. I am a storyteller at heart, mind you, so I probably wouldn't work on a sports game or anything. In fact, definitely wouldn't work on a sports game. In order for me to be interested, it needs a story to drive it forward. So I may be open to more genres as long as there is some story.
Anyway, if anyone is interested in seeing one of my concepts I can send it to you. It's not written nicely, but you should be able to get an idea of my storytelling abilities, or lack thereof if you think so.