Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

[MMO] Looking for skilled artists, programmers, and more

Started by DanielSmith Oct 28, 2011 at 11:32 PM 11 replies 3.6k views
Original Post
DanielSmith
DanielSmith
[color="#1C2837"]Team name:

Shrapnel3D Entertainment is the company name [Everything Written here is copyrited [Details]]



Project name:

The Name of the game we are currently making is "The Azure Sky"



Brief description:

This is an MMORPG we are trying to make it in such a way the appears to be very Original
The few recruits that want to get the chance to create a class or race


Target aim:

[color="#1c2837"]We plan to make it so that it is a very low monthly cost or a very low 1 off cost Eg. $2/Month
[color="#1c2837"]We would like to be in alpha stage within 6 Months (very hopeful)

Compensation:

The top contributors will get paid (Paypal required)[color="#1c2837"]
The amount depends on the work you do


Technology:

[color="#1c2837"]We are hoping to use the Unlimited Detail Graphics Engine when it is released: Euclideon
As for other tech is up to the team


Talent needed:

[color="#1c2837"]Most Positions are still available here are a few (The full list is long)
[color="#1c2837"]

[color="#1c2837"]Programmers
[color="#1c2837"]Artists
[color="#1c2837"]3D Artists
[color="#1c2837"]Voice's
[color="#1c2837"]Video Editors
[color="#1c2837"]Quest Writers
[s]
[/s]
[color="#1c2837"][s]Website Editor[/s]



Team structure:

[color="#1c2837"]I am the manager and am currently leaning 3D design
[color="#1C2837"]There Currently is no one else [Officially] in the team



Website:

Shrapnel3D



Contacts:

Contact me on dan@shrapnel3d.com


We are having issues with the mail system, you may contact me on dansdan@windowslive.com



Previous Work by Team:

[color="#1c2837"]We have a storyline however we made some changes to the planned game mechs and the storyline doesn't really suit what is have planned for this game so I wont post it here
[color="#1c2837"]Storyline may be used in a different game made later. The Storyline may be available for viewing at a later time

[color="#1c2837"]


Feedback:

[color="#1c2837"]Any feedback is good then we can get a good idea of what we are doing correctly and incorrectly
[color="#1c2837"]Reply to post for any questions



[color="#1c2837"][Note: This project has been in planning for some time, however the physical side is only just starting]
shadowninja1028
shadowninja1028
Hey,
I tried emailing you but got an error and it won't let me send it through. So I will just post here I guess.
[font="Arial"]I have some experience with voice-over work and all of my own equipment. I am also a proficient video/sound editor. I would love to offer my services, if you would like them.
Let me know if you have any questions. You can email me at - shadowninja0128@yahoo.com
Thanks.[/font]
DanielSmith
DanielSmith
Update: Website Designer Hired, position no longer available
OlegZabalujev
OlegZabalujev
[size=2][color=#1C2837][size=2]Hey there. I am interested in joining your game project, because experience is always good! I have been composing music for 2 years now, but it was mostly without any actual reason and purpose. Have my own metal band, so most compositions are for that, but I have been composing on my computer electronica, orchestras and so on... Always trying to find something interesting while composing. I can also say that my style is often called "MYSTIC" , but I can make any style/genre music and of any emotion.
Kobo
Kobo

[color="#1c2837"]
Technology:

[color="#1c2837"]We are hoping to use the Unlimited Detail Graphics Engine when it is released: Euclideon
As for other tech is up to the team

[color="#1c2837"][Note: This project has been in planning for some time, however the physical side is only just starting]


You will have a very difficult time finding competent programmers if you insist on using this "engine". It is deceptively marketed as something that is mathematically impossible. While you draw something, it has to be stored somewhere on your computer. Infinite detail would require an infinitely powerful computer which will never exist. They are just building hype to attract investors and developers who would be better off using a real, available engine that has a good track record.

Edit - forgot to put sarcastic quotes around "engine". I don't want to dignify this vaporware with that designation.
DanielSmith
DanielSmith

You will have a very difficult time finding competent programmers if you insist on using this "engine". It is deceptively marketed as something that is mathematically impossible. While you draw something, it has to be stored somewhere on your computer. Infinite detail would require an infinitely powerful computer which will never exist. They are just building hype to attract investors and developers who would be better off using a real, available engine that has a good track record.


You should know that tho it isn't confirmed, it is supposed to use very little computer power and can even be run on a cellphone.

Even so, it may just be a dream.
nfries88
nfries88

You will have a very difficult time finding competent programmers if you insist on using this "engine". It is deceptively marketed as something that is mathematically impossible. While you draw something, it has to be stored somewhere on your computer. Infinite detail would require an infinitely powerful computer which will never exist. They are just building hype to attract investors and developers who would be better off using a real, available engine that has a good track record.


Euclidean isn't actually infinite detail, the detail depends on the model used. It converts high-polygon models into point clouds (this much has been advertised), which can be mathematically compressed to a fairly small space (this part it might not do, but could). I theorize that it allows such detail by combining advanced LOD techniques (already somewhat common in the professional world) and pre-rastering (render-to-texture, an optimization technique used in some 2.5d games and perhaps even some 3D games [not so sure about that]).

@OP:
You're going to be waiting quite some time for Euclidean, I fear. I would recommend using a technology already available. The client can always be re-written once you've already begun generating profits, generally much quicker than developing it the first time. It's less efficient, but more productive, if that makes sense.

@Topic:
I am a C++ developer familiar with application server development. A majority of my work has been with small-scale MMORPG servers. I would be willing to work on a purely contractual basis, price negotiable.
I do not have any experience in developing 3D games or working with physics engines, nor do I have any particular desire to learn at this moment in time. I would work on the core functionality of the server and network code on the client only
I could also work in C# using the .NET framework, if you would prefer.
DanielSmith
DanielSmith
@ nfries88

I am aware of all this information about Euclideon but thanks anyway

I am currently avoiding any contracts at the moment as our budget although it is growing, it is still low and I cannot grantee anything
So Thanks and Sorry
Stormwave Audio
Stormwave Audio

@ nfries88

I am aware of all this information about Euclideon but thanks anyway

I am currently avoiding any contracts at the moment as our budget although it is growing, it is still low and I cannot grantee anything
So Thanks and Sorry


Hello there,

I understand recruiting new people might be put on hold and it might be too early, but I just wanted to drop by and say hello in case you'd be looking for someone to take care of 'Voices' part.

I have an access to variety of voice actors and recording gear, both from lower and upper budget range.

I have experience in producing full voice sets, dialogues and vocal expressions with different people. I'm also experienced in composing and producing music and sound effects for games. Unfortunately none of the projects I was part of were actually released yet, or were abandoned, so I'm still fairly 'fresh' to the industry overall. At the moment I have much free time in my hands and I'm currently working on Royalty Free Voice Packs, which can be treated as part of my portfolio (the one for my website isn't fully ready yet).

I'm open to any opportunities and everything is highly negotiable from my side.

If you are interested feel free to contact me at contact@cyleak.net, or visit my website at http://cyleak.net/ for any details.

Thanks and good luck!
Artur W. - Stormwave Audio

Audio Production for Media - Music, Sound Effects, Voice & More!

DanielSmith
DanielSmith
We are not committing to any payments until our budget grows a bit more
nfries88
nfries88
I see. So, do you have a server programmer?
KingLuke24
KingLuke24
I can do writing for your game, including additional storyline and quests. I can also compose RPG style music. Please PM me or email at lukewall73@bellsouth.net
<----HammerTime!!!---->
DanielSmith
DanielSmith

I see. So, do you have a server programmer?


No

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.