Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

A simple question about instant radiosity (and lighting in general)

Started by GeneralQuery Oct 29, 2011 at 12:34 PM 0 replies 650+ views
Original Post
GeneralQuery
GeneralQuery
I feel like I should know this but I'm stumped! Take a look at this image. It's an example of a VPL emitting green light as it has struck the green surface of the Cornell box (the black surface in this image). How do you ensure that the surface that the photon has struck (and is reemitting the colour of said surface) doesn't get lit by the VPL?

homepages.paradise.net.nz/nickamy/realtimerad/oneindirect_shadows.jpg
txz01
txz01
I think you have to treat its VPL as a hemispherical light, you just include : dot(light_normal , vec) in your shading equation where vec is the normalized vector from light's position to the position of the point being shaded.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.