Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Game programming vs Girls

Started by Justindano Oct 30, 2011 at 6:48 AM 28 replies 7.2k views
Original Post
Justindano
Justindano
I know this sounds a bit awkward, But it's true for me that i always get distracted. Well i'm 18 and its common that i am in love with a girl, I am too crazy about her that i can't even program properly, It's too complicated when girls are in something. The problem is i haven't got to talk with her, I keep thinking about her and it's like whenever i try to program or think about ideas of making a game, She pops up like a angel into my mind and i completely stop all the work and go to my Dream land. It's too absurd, i have tried everything not too but yeah it always happens.
Right now i just cant think of anything and i am still doubtful that im posting this now.
Is this happened to any of you guys? If so what you did to keep her out of mind when programming.
I know this is funny, But i would bet it would have happened to someone who is a "Teen".
dpadam450
dpadam450
Well I guess you could make a 3D model of her? Share both worlds.
NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims 
Justindano
Justindano

Well I guess you could make a 3D model of her? Share both worlds.


Wish i was a great artist, You know.
dpadam450
dpadam450
Probably a bad idea, you'd probably go all DOA beach volleyball and exaggerate some proportions and that would be the end of it.
NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims 
Justindano
Justindano
I met her at a coffee shop, She's not far from my house. But i would love if she was my 3D model posing for a beach volley ball game. Haha.
dpadam450
dpadam450
"Honey I would love to put you in my game but videogames chicks well......we gotta put some money into "those" and go to the leather shop."
NBA2K, Madden, Maneater, Killing Floor, Sims 
rouncer
rouncer
what makes more sense, the computer or your girlfriend?
Justindano
Justindano

what makes more sense, the computer or your girlfriend?


Unfortunately i can't figure that out, or i wouldn't be posting here. :-(
JackOfAllTrades
JackOfAllTrades

I know this sounds a bit awkward, But it's true for me that i always get distracted. Well i'm 18 and its common that i am in love with a girl, I am too crazy about her that i can't even program properly, It's too complicated when girls are in something. The problem is i haven't got to talk with her, I keep thinking about her and it's like whenever i try to program or think about ideas of making a game, She pops up like a angel into my mind and i completely stop all the work and go to my Dream land. It's too absurd, i have tried everything not too but yeah it always happens.
Right now i just cant think of anything and i am still doubtful that im posting this now.
Is this happened to any of you guys? If so what you did to keep her out of mind when programming.
I know this is funny, But i would bet it would have happened to someone who is a "Teen".


[size=2]I wasted a good two years in a state like you described. Eventually the girl ended up cheating on me with some fat dude she met on the internet. In the end I've come to realize after it's all said and done my computer will always be there for me but women will not.
JackieCHANNA
JackieCHANNA

what makes more sense, the computer or your girlfriend?


pretty sure computers, being 100% logical, make more sense than anyone human mind that is not perfectly logical and is also fallible. Computers are also fallible to a sense, but not in the same manner as people are.
Justindano
Justindano

I wasted a good two years in a state like you described. Eventually the girl ended up cheating on me with some fat dude she met on the internet. In the end I've come to realize after it's all said and done my computer will always be there for me but women will not.
[/quote]

Aw, That's so sad, I'm sorry, But i'd bet that girl was worth shit. No offense, But dude you gotta have a life not just sit on the computer all day and be a ComputerTard! Just saying. If not that girl there are many girls out there for you. ;) Never lose your hope like you do in programming
DarklyDreaming
DarklyDreaming
I don't know if I'm supposed to take this seriously, but seriously...
both.png?1314231146


There is about zero things in your way of programming and having a life.
"I will personally burn everything I've made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames."
~ Gabe

"I don't mean to rush you but you are keeping two civilizations waiting!"
~ Cavil, BSG.
"If it's really important to you that other people follow your True Brace Style,
way2lazy2care
way2lazy2care

I don't know if I'm supposed to take this seriously, but seriously...
both.png?1314231146


There is about zero things in your way of programming and having a life.


Pretty much this in most cases.

Since you are 18 though, spend a few whole days with her. After that you will either thank god that you have some time off to program or you will be broken up. Either way your problem is solved!
KanonBaum
KanonBaum
[color="#1C2837"]I don't know if I'm supposed to take this seriously, but seriously...
both.png?1314231146
[color="#1C2837"]There is about zero things in your way of programming and [color="#1C2837"]

having a life.

[/quote]

whynotboth.png
I'm that imaginary number in the parabola of life.
Ravyne
Ravyne
Talk to the girl and get it over with. No sense wasting time thinking about a gal that may not be interested, so find out one way or the other. In any case, then you can stop being such a mook. Make time for both, and don't mix the two.



In college, I found the girls I was chasing to be far more distracting than the ones I had. Girls will need their space too, you know. If she's interested, she'll be glad you don't want to spend 24/7 with her (unless she's crazy, then run), and will be glad that you've got a productive persuit in you off time.

If you reach that stage, and still find her to be a distraction, then I repeat: stop being a mook -- the problem is you.
throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");
m3rlino
m3rlino
I think Ravyne caught the point. I read a book about the power of the mind. Answer yourself this sentence:

What do you really want?

Distraction and lack of concentration problably is showing you that you may be afraid of something you are doing in your life, maybe you are afraid that you aren't able to program, maybe you are afraid of the future, so your mind is trying to keep you far from a potential problem. You will become a better person when you will be able to control your feelings. I'm saying you that my i'm not able myself to control my feeling and emotions, but the most important part is to think you can, everything will succed if you think like that.

Well, in life there will be a lot of situations like this one, now it's a girl, in the future it will be the son, then buying a house. I wish you good luck with both girls and games
Evil bay - Our new game at FourLeafGames! (Link to the game)
Link to our web site! Leave a message if you like it! - Web site My new italian Website! - Web site
j-dog
j-dog
Ahhh, young love! If you think this is bad, wait till she tears your heart out. When my first girlfriend broke up with me, it was probably the most counter-productive time of my life! I spent about six months of my life writing emotional blog entries, wearing black and failing at everything constructive I attempted. Yuck!

Just give it some time, your hormones will eventually level out and you'll learn to appreciate time apart too. I have been with my current girlfriend for just over two years - wonderful as she is, I have had to learn to balance things out. Initially, we even had fights about it and she told me to get a puppy. These days I have learnt to appreciate my computer at times. For instance, I never have to be jealous of my computer - it never gets hit on by strange men, despite being a downright sexy beast in its own right!

Although quite frankly, leading a balanced life is always going to be something that requires some deliberate planning and discipline. That goes for all of us. Godspeed!
demonkoryu
demonkoryu
Men are notoriously bad at multitasking, and there is no way to ignore girls while they occupy your thoughts, and still come out sane. Pick your priorities and work them down in order; one after another.
Justindano
Justindano
Damn, Thanks guys , I know problem is by my side but i wanted to know what you guys did when you were at this problem. Anyways, I just talked with her, Ironically we're just friends, She doesn't know that i have a crush on her, Well soon i'd be telling that to her. ( I hope so )

P.S My hormones are raging.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.