Original Post
So, I'm working on a roguelike rpg type of game. It's in its planning stages, and all has been going well except stats. I used to have around seven stats, but I thought it would be more approachable to just have a few, especially since the player will only be able to gain stat points a few times in the game. Right now I'm thinking spirit, strength, and agility but after some rough organization on what the stats will do, the strength stat is close to useless. Here's the stats as they are now.
Spirit--Mana, Mana regen, Health Regen, Spell damage
Agility--Attack speed, Dodge chance, Accuracy, Critical Chace
Strength--Health, Damage,
As you can see, spirit and agility have a nice twice as many effects as strength. I could move health Regen to strength, but then the pure warrior class would have no reason to gain spirit, and I think if you just focused on two stats that you would be able to have an extremely powerful character.
Any input?
Spirit--Mana, Mana regen, Health Regen, Spell damage
Agility--Attack speed, Dodge chance, Accuracy, Critical Chace
Strength--Health, Damage,
As you can see, spirit and agility have a nice twice as many effects as strength. I could move health Regen to strength, but then the pure warrior class would have no reason to gain spirit, and I think if you just focused on two stats that you would be able to have an extremely powerful character.
Any input?