Original Post
Download attachment: Logo Skyline 4.jpg
These are pictures of Splatter, a mouse/stick shooter for Windows PC and possibly others. The game will feature a main story across ~20 levels with lots of monsters to shoot, boss battles, upgradable weapons, throwable torches that cause fear amonst the monsters and various characters, interactive cutscenes and such. When you're done with the main story, the game will offer various fun modes alone for highscores or with/against your friends on the same computer. An "endless" game mode will also be available where you can rebuild a village, fortify it and roam the (randomly generated) environments for resources and survivors.
The game upto now is mainly done by me alone. I'm doing spare time game development for more than twenty years now, but this time I'm more serious: I gathered savings, quit my dayjob and now I'll try to make a living from game development. Over the years I got to know a lot of cool people, some of them are helping me out with graphics now. Most of the graphics are still provisional, though, and will be replaced as soon as better ones are available.
The game is based on our Traumklassen framework that also features Splitterwelten and other projects. It matured over the years and does a pretty good job now. Splatter makes heavy use of shaders, with bumpmapped graphics, smooth realtime shadows based on an idea taken from Cryteks Radial Blur, distortion effects, fog and many more. Special attention has been paid to allow saving and loading the game *everywhere*. You can save and load admidst a fight, when bullets are flying, in an explosion, inside scripts, in cutscenes, while driving... everywhere. Maybe I'll also publish the editor along with the game, which allows to build whole campaigns of connected levels and playtest it life inside the editor.
If you like what you see, get in touch! Splatter is present on Facebook and GooglePlus.
More pictures:
Download attachment: screenshot0022.png
Download attachment: screenshot0025.png
A picture of the editor, also featuring live playtesting, Undo/Redo and a comfortable script editor with syntax highlighting and auto completion thanks to powerful Qt classes.
Download attachment: screenshot_editor.png
Click here to view the iotd
These are pictures of Splatter, a mouse/stick shooter for Windows PC and possibly others. The game will feature a main story across ~20 levels with lots of monsters to shoot, boss battles, upgradable weapons, throwable torches that cause fear amonst the monsters and various characters, interactive cutscenes and such. When you're done with the main story, the game will offer various fun modes alone for highscores or with/against your friends on the same computer. An "endless" game mode will also be available where you can rebuild a village, fortify it and roam the (randomly generated) environments for resources and survivors.
The game upto now is mainly done by me alone. I'm doing spare time game development for more than twenty years now, but this time I'm more serious: I gathered savings, quit my dayjob and now I'll try to make a living from game development. Over the years I got to know a lot of cool people, some of them are helping me out with graphics now. Most of the graphics are still provisional, though, and will be replaced as soon as better ones are available.
The game is based on our Traumklassen framework that also features Splitterwelten and other projects. It matured over the years and does a pretty good job now. Splatter makes heavy use of shaders, with bumpmapped graphics, smooth realtime shadows based on an idea taken from Cryteks Radial Blur, distortion effects, fog and many more. Special attention has been paid to allow saving and loading the game *everywhere*. You can save and load admidst a fight, when bullets are flying, in an explosion, inside scripts, in cutscenes, while driving... everywhere. Maybe I'll also publish the editor along with the game, which allows to build whole campaigns of connected levels and playtest it life inside the editor.
If you like what you see, get in touch! Splatter is present on Facebook and GooglePlus.
More pictures:
Download attachment: screenshot0022.png
Download attachment: screenshot0025.png
A picture of the editor, also featuring live playtesting, Undo/Redo and a comfortable script editor with syntax highlighting and auto completion thanks to powerful Qt classes.
Download attachment: screenshot_editor.png
Click here to view the iotd