Original Post
Howdy, I'm Miles Robson. -waves-
Currently a member of Nice Guy Games ( http://niceguygames.net/ ), and a ranter over on my blog ( http://confirm4crit.wordpress.com/ )
I am attending a Community College with the hopes of achieving a BS in Computer Science. I have a strong passion for gaming, math, physics, and all around dorkiness.
Most of my Intro Programming classes don't start until next year, so I want to take the next 365 days and learn as much as I can on anything or everything.
So why am I here? The internet is full of A LOT of tutorials, guides, etc. My library has a lot of books, and the list goes on and on. I could spend the next year fiddling around by myself, and learning what I can, coming to forums or searching around when I'm stuck or want a challenge.
But two heads are better than one....
I'd love either A) Another "n00b" to join up with me, so we can dive into this wave of seeming endless knowledge together, and hopefully come out together with all our parts intact....
or B) A lot of people think that teaching helps themselves enforce their knowledge. I don't know how many people would want to adopt a newbie, but if their are some takers, I'd gladly listen.
The language doesn't matter to me (Logically, C# for XNA makes sense, but I personally have liked what I see with C++), time of day, amount of input, or availability.
I just don't want to waste the next year.
I've spent a large amount of time here ( http://www.freewebs.com/campelmxna/tutorials.htm ) and reading Head First C#, and C++ in 24 hours, but not that far into both.
If anyone is interested, feel free to respond or throw me an E-Mail at confirm4crit@gmail.com
Currently a member of Nice Guy Games ( http://niceguygames.net/ ), and a ranter over on my blog ( http://confirm4crit.wordpress.com/ )
I am attending a Community College with the hopes of achieving a BS in Computer Science. I have a strong passion for gaming, math, physics, and all around dorkiness.
Most of my Intro Programming classes don't start until next year, so I want to take the next 365 days and learn as much as I can on anything or everything.
So why am I here? The internet is full of A LOT of tutorials, guides, etc. My library has a lot of books, and the list goes on and on. I could spend the next year fiddling around by myself, and learning what I can, coming to forums or searching around when I'm stuck or want a challenge.
But two heads are better than one....
I'd love either A) Another "n00b" to join up with me, so we can dive into this wave of seeming endless knowledge together, and hopefully come out together with all our parts intact....
or B) A lot of people think that teaching helps themselves enforce their knowledge. I don't know how many people would want to adopt a newbie, but if their are some takers, I'd gladly listen.
The language doesn't matter to me (Logically, C# for XNA makes sense, but I personally have liked what I see with C++), time of day, amount of input, or availability.
I just don't want to waste the next year.
I've spent a large amount of time here ( http://www.freewebs.com/campelmxna/tutorials.htm ) and reading Head First C#, and C++ in 24 hours, but not that far into both.
If anyone is interested, feel free to respond or throw me an E-Mail at confirm4crit@gmail.com