Original Post
Hello GameDev,
It's been a while but I'm back with bigger aspirations than ever. I've recently devoured "Absolute C++" by Savitch, and I feel like I have a pretty intermediate grasp of C++ and programming in general. So I wanted to jump off into something a little more complicated, I chose multiplayer game programming. The articles listed in the FAQs for this form are great and all, but I'm more of a book person. So, I was wondering if there are any definitive multiplayer game programming books out there that I really wouldn't want to miss.
P.S. Multiplayer Game Programming by Todd Barron doesn't look half bad, but I'm still not sure.
Thanks for the help!
~SuperJman
It's been a while but I'm back with bigger aspirations than ever. I've recently devoured "Absolute C++" by Savitch, and I feel like I have a pretty intermediate grasp of C++ and programming in general. So I wanted to jump off into something a little more complicated, I chose multiplayer game programming. The articles listed in the FAQs for this form are great and all, but I'm more of a book person. So, I was wondering if there are any definitive multiplayer game programming books out there that I really wouldn't want to miss.
P.S. Multiplayer Game Programming by Todd Barron doesn't look half bad, but I'm still not sure.
Thanks for the help!
~SuperJman