Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

I need a name for a Musical Game

Started by fruki Dec 10, 2011 at 12:56 PM 9 replies 4.1k views
Original Post
fruki
fruki
Hi everybody,

I'm developing a musical game similar to the Guitar Hero series and I'm in the need of a good commercial name. (I need a .com domain with the name too)

One thing I've seen is that programmers (like me) can't think of good names for these types of games with very little exceptions like "Frets on Fire" which in my opinion is a very cool name.

So I just want to hear your ideas, actually ANY idea that pops into your head will be welcomed.

Thank you very much.
Bladelock
Bladelock
Shredding Surfer?

It feels like the notes in guitar hero surf through the fret board of the game, and shredding shows a certain degree of skill and dexterity



my two cents
Madhed
Madhed

Shredding Surfer?

It feels like the notes in guitar hero surf through the fret board of the game, and shredding shows a certain degree of skill and dexterity



my two cents


Sounds (too?) similar to Audio Surf ?

Don't know anything better though... DigiJam maybe?
fruki
fruki
Interesting names!

Some of the ones I came across but discarded because were already in use / .com domain already taken:

- Sons of Rock
- Guistar
- Lolirock (pun: lolipop)


Two I'm thinking could be fun (not taken yet):

- GuitarCreed
- PickofCake.com (a pun with piece of cake)
way2lazy2care
way2lazy2care

I'm developing a musical game similar to the Guitar Hero series and I'm in the need of a good commercial name. (I need a .com domain with the name too)


I think you need to give more info on the game to get a solid name. How is it different from guitar hero?
DarklyDreaming
DarklyDreaming

Interesting names!

Some of the ones I came across but discarded because were already in use / .com domain already taken:

- Sons of Rock
- Guistar
- Lolirock (pun: lolipop)


Two I'm thinking could be fun (not taken yet):

- GuitarCreed
- PickofCake.com (a pun with piece of cake)

"GuitarCreed" is a lawsuit waiting to happen... just saying.
"I will personally burn everything I've made to the fucking ground if I think I can catch them in the flames."
~ Gabe

"I don't mean to rush you but you are keeping two civilizations waiting!"
~ Cavil, BSG.
"If it's really important to you that other people follow your True Brace Style,
Paul Franzen
Paul Franzen
Oh man, are we voting?! I gotta throw my support to "[color=#1C2837][size=2]Gods of Keytar." Nice one, MSW!
fruki
fruki

[quote name='fruki' timestamp='1323521813' post='4892495']
I'm developing a musical game similar to the Guitar Hero series and I'm in the need of a good commercial name. (I need a .com domain with the name too)


I think you need to give more info on the game to get a solid name. How is it different from guitar hero?
[/quote]

I would love to give more details but the game is going out in january (I hope) and I would like to keep it secret for now. I think a name that would suit a guitar hero clone would suit this game.



[quote name='fruki' timestamp='1323710346' post='4893174']
Interesting names!

Some of the ones I came across but discarded because were already in use / .com domain already taken:

- Sons of Rock
- Guistar
- Lolirock (pun: lolipop)


Two I'm thinking could be fun (not taken yet):

- GuitarCreed
- PickofCake.com (a pun with piece of cake)

"GuitarCreed" is a lawsuit waiting to happen... just saying.
[/quote]

Yeah... I thought hopefully it wasn't so obvious tongue.gif



Ever heard about the Keytar ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keytar)
How about Gods of Keytar. Even godsofkeytar.com is open. Even Rock Band 3 has the perfect controller for this.


Wow this is good stuff. Sadly the game is not for keytar so it actually doesn't make much sense.



Six String Saga


I like this one, because I was wondering if a name with rhythm would do the trick like in RedDeadRedemption, and this one is actually very good.

[s]I just came up with RockStarPro, the domain is taken but for sale at sedo.com, I don't know if its good enough to try to buy it... what do you guys think?[/s]
[s]
[/s]
Just came across this article about domain names and trademark law and I don't want any problems from Rockstar.
Paul Franzen
Paul Franzen
Gods of the Guitar, instead? I don't know--so far, that's the one that jumps out at me the most here as a game I'd read more about.
Life in the Dorms -- comedic point-and-click adventure game out now for Xbox Live Indie Games! My portfolio: http://paulfranzen.wordpress

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.