Original Post
Hi guys, it's my first post here
. A month ago i've start developing a game project with c++. I was aiming for 2D graphic and was using the Allegro Library. But, after some research on google, i found a game called Subvein, develop by Ben Johnson. And the graphic were very similar to what i needed for my game. So i've restart my project using OpenGL. Right now i'm working on the graphic engine. I want my game to be a top-down, tile base shooter. Right now, i can generated a map made of cube and apply texture to it. Now come the lighting effect. I've try to implement a basic lignting effect but i'm having some issue. The light just go through the cube i have draw and that make no sense to me. Since i'm new with 3D programming and OpenGL, i though maybe you guys can help me. I have join 1 screenshot showing the actual problem (don't mind the texture i was just too lazy to draw them now) and 1 paint image showing how i want the light to react. The red dot on both image show where the light source is. The light source is low enough so it's not lighting the top of the wall but mysteriously, it go across. If you need more info on what i'm using or what my code looks like, i will edit with all the information needed. thank you
ps. sorry for my bad english, i'm a french canadian.
ps. sorry for my bad english, i'm a french canadian.