Original Post
So, this is something that no one ever seems to talk about in either programming, or game design books/tutorials. (That I've seen anyway.)
I've actually started coding my first real game in python, and I'm wondering... when should I start using multiple files, and what parts of the game should go into their own separate files? I'm assuming it shouldn't all be in one 20 thousand line file. (I mean minecraft has a few hundred, though it's obviously a million times more complex than my game.)
Probably a really stupid nooby question, but I'm really not sure. lol
I've actually started coding my first real game in python, and I'm wondering... when should I start using multiple files, and what parts of the game should go into their own separate files? I'm assuming it shouldn't all be in one 20 thousand line file. (I mean minecraft has a few hundred, though it's obviously a million times more complex than my game.)
Probably a really stupid nooby question, but I'm really not sure. lol