Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

King Vision Games

Started by King Visions Games (Real) Dec 17, 2011 at 2:53 PM 3 replies 2.1k views
Original Post
King Visions Games (Real)
King Visions Games (Real)
Team name:

King Vision Games.



Project name:

[color="#1c2837"]Avatar Game Shows



Brief description:

[color="#1c2837"]You play 3 game shows, Wheel of Kings (Wheel of Fortune), Deal Breaker (Deal-or-no-Deal), Xbox Jeopardy (Jeopardy). After paying one of these you get transported to the ship...
[color="#1c2837"]
[color="#1c2837"]Ship Features
  • [color="#1c2837"]8+ Rent-able Rooms
  • [color="#1c2837"]2 Pools
  • [color="#1c2837"]Dining Hall
  • [color="#1c2837"]Basketball Court
  • [color="#1c2837"]Casino
  • [color="#1c2837"]Arcade
    [color="#1c2837"] and other features that were coming up with.


    Target aim:

    [color="#1c2837"]Make the game, Publish to XBLIG section.



    Compensation:

    [color="#1c2837"]I do pay, and payments are based on positions in the group



    Technology:

    XNA 4.0, C#,


    Publishing for
    Xbox 360 indie games.



    Talent needed:

    [color="#1c2837"]3D programmers and Voice actors



    Team structure:

    [color="#1c2837"]Abiu Velasquez (me)- Founder,handles business,marketing and a little programming
    [color="#1c2837"]James Ward and Andrew Pruett- General assistance and help[color="#1c2837"]
    [color="#1c2837"]All have been here from the begining


    Website:

    http://www.wix.com/k...ionsgames/indie[color="#1c2837"]



    Contacts:

    [color="#1c2837"]Email-
    [color="#1c2837"]abiu.velasquez@ymail.com[color="#1c2837"]
    [color="#1c2837"]Xbox Live-[color="#1c2837"]abiuv[color="#1c2837"]



    Previous Work by Team:

    [color="#1c2837"]None



    Additional Info:
    [color="#1c2837"]None, but more information will be told to you when you contact me



    Feedback:

    [color="#1c2837"]Any
Kyle Layman
Kyle Layman
He is a 12 year old who will just argue with you nonstop and then fire you. And by the way I am pretty sure I have the right to that game idea Abiu.
-Kyle Layman
dysphoric
dysphoric

He is a 12 year old who will just argue with you nonstop and then fire you. And by the way I am pretty sure I have the right to that game idea Abiu.


You can't patent an idea, only the specific result of an idea.... an idea alone is not intellectual property and you can't have rights to it.
MoritzPGKatz
MoritzPGKatz

[quote name='Kyle Layman' timestamp='1324612646' post='4896721']
He is a 12 year old who will just argue with you nonstop and then fire you. And by the way I am pretty sure I have the right to that game idea Abiu.


You can't patent an idea, only the specific result of an idea.... an idea alone is not intellectual property and you can't have rights to it.
[/quote]
That's true, but only half the story. Practically, you own copyright of everything the idea resulted in, like you said - including sketches, notes etc.
So if you've written your idea down, e.g. in a concept document, blaming someone else for using that same idea is legitimate.

King Vision(s?) Games:
Do you pay flat rates or per hour? Or are you merely promising revenue share or royalties? Please clarify.
Check out my Music/Sound Design Reel on moritzpgkatz.de
klownicus
klownicus
From a consumer standpoint...does this actually sound fun??. I know xbl had 1 vs 100 but it only lasted a season..have you done the research into this genre and the base consumer numbers for this idea?. Just seems like it isn't going to sell very well

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.