Original Post
Hello Everyone,
Im working in a Team for a Game Project for the next 3 Years.
The Project is going to be a small Hobby Project for us. Im already an advanced Java Programmer with 3 Years practical experience. I already worked with Techniques like JMS and Spring/Hibernate.
Now there is a new challenge approaching which is the Network Part of our Game Project. The Game is a 2D Isometric Game in the Style of Diablo and is planned to be an MMO Game. At the moment we are at the Technical Design side of the Project and we need to think about the Server architecture.
The Server will be written in Java and the Java.Net API will be used for the Networking part. What I can not find are any good Tutorials or Articles about Networking for Massive Multiplayer Purpose. I know that an MMO is not a Project for a small Team but in the 3 Years we want to do as much as possible just for experience.
For Player Numbers we have the goal to keep 300+ Players updated on the Server.
I hope some experienced Network Programmers can give me advice for algorithms or architecture examples.
Best Regards
Van Schlacht
Im working in a Team for a Game Project for the next 3 Years.
The Project is going to be a small Hobby Project for us. Im already an advanced Java Programmer with 3 Years practical experience. I already worked with Techniques like JMS and Spring/Hibernate.
Now there is a new challenge approaching which is the Network Part of our Game Project. The Game is a 2D Isometric Game in the Style of Diablo and is planned to be an MMO Game. At the moment we are at the Technical Design side of the Project and we need to think about the Server architecture.
The Server will be written in Java and the Java.Net API will be used for the Networking part. What I can not find are any good Tutorials or Articles about Networking for Massive Multiplayer Purpose. I know that an MMO is not a Project for a small Team but in the 3 Years we want to do as much as possible just for experience.
For Player Numbers we have the goal to keep 300+ Players updated on the Server.
I hope some experienced Network Programmers can give me advice for algorithms or architecture examples.
Best Regards
Van Schlacht