Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

New Free EBook Reader Application

Started by EricRRichards Dec 27, 2011 at 12:47 AM 0 replies 850+ views
Original Post
EricRRichards
EricRRichards
Hi, all

I've been working on a little project, a light-weight, multi-format ebook reader.

I've sort of collected up a bunch of ebooks from all kinds of sources over the years, and I never ran into anything that was really useful for keeping track of and reading them. Calibre is passable, but I've always found it to be a little cumbersome, and the reader part can be wicked slow and glitchy. What I wanted was something like Kindle for PC, but able to handle all the myriad formats I've got laying around. So I decided to build one myself, and cobble together something with C# and WinForms. The more I worked on it, the cooler (at least in my opinion...) it got, and now I feel like it's at the point that other people might find it useful.

It handles PDF, LIT, TXT, RTF, CHM and HTML format ebooks
It maintains some metadata about your collection
It allows you to easily search and filter your collection
You can view your collection in either a detail list view, or a cover thumbnail tile view.
[attachment=6521:Tiles-new.PNG]

Requirements:
Windows
.NET Framework 4.0
Internet Explorer, with a PDF viewer plugin (tested with Acrobat and Foxit), to view PDFs

If any of that sounds interesting, you can check out my website for more information and a free download.
http://richardssoftware.blogspot.com/

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.