Original Post
Hey GDers! Holy cow, has it seriously been 6 years since my last post? Although I'm not doing game development at the moment I am still coding and my latest project is photomonkee; an OpenCL (no, not GL) accelerated photo editor.
[attachment=6555:screenie.PNG]
I know that some of you create your own art assets and would love to get your input on what features I could add to the software to help. If you'd be interested in taking it for a test driver feel free to sign up at the site or drop me a message on here.
[color=#000000]In terms of functionality, PhotoMonkee has a lot of the basics you'd find in a paint program plus a few extra bells and whistles. Don't get me wrong, it's no PhotoShop but it certainly isn't MSPaint either
[color=#000000]
[attachment=6555:screenie.PNG]
I know that some of you create your own art assets and would love to get your input on what features I could add to the software to help. If you'd be interested in taking it for a test driver feel free to sign up at the site or drop me a message on here.
[color=#000000]In terms of functionality, PhotoMonkee has a lot of the basics you'd find in a paint program plus a few extra bells and whistles. Don't get me wrong, it's no PhotoShop but it certainly isn't MSPaint either
[color=#000000] - Basic Tools
- Brush
- Scale/Rotate/Translate
- Magic Wand
- Text
- Eraser
- Pixel Selection (with additive and removal modes)
- Flood Fill
- Basic Shapes
- Canvas Zoom
- Color Picker
- Layering System
- Blending
- Opacity
- Styles (only drop-shadow so far)
- Canvas Cropping and Size Modification
- Color Palette system with support for RGB, HSL, HSV and CMYK color models
- Filters
- Color Inversion, Gray-scale, Sepia
- Brightness/Contrast
- Color Adjustments
- Sharpen, Emboss, Smooth (Convolution Filters)
- Jitter, Pixelate (displacement filters)
- Copy/Paste from within the application and between other applications
- Unlimited Undo/Redo
- Import from all of QImage's supported types (png jpg bmp gif pbm pgm tiff xbm xpm)
- Export to all of QImage's supported types(bmp, jpg, png, ppm, tiff, xbm, xpm)
- Save/Load via the PhotoMonkee file format *.pm (no, not PERL modules, silly!)
Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions. Happy New Year!
- Color Inversion, Gray-scale, Sepia
- Blending
- Brush