Original Post
Hello!
I am an avid Computer Programmer, and have spent about 3 years now learning and attempting to be fully knowledgeable in different programming languages. I am strongest in Java, C, and C++. I am also very strong in Python and Perl. I am also a video game fanatic - especially in PC gaming. I was wondering if anyone could assist me by providing any preferred languages/tutorials/websites/books or any additional information that would help me get started with PC game development? I realize that my asking of these questions makes the process of learning game development seem somewhat linear and underestimated, but I am trying to find a good starting place. I have many game ideas and I have created small Java and C games on GUI applications. I have created many games on GUIs such as Bomberman, Tetris, Minesweeper, and my own demo of Fire Emblem(turn based rpg). Even though I have created working games on stand-alone applications and web applets, I REALLY want to create a strong in PC game development and find a correct route in order to do so.
I am fully open to any advice and suggestions at any time.
Please feel free to also email me at dalisay_david@hotmail.com .
Thank you,
Dave
I am an avid Computer Programmer, and have spent about 3 years now learning and attempting to be fully knowledgeable in different programming languages. I am strongest in Java, C, and C++. I am also very strong in Python and Perl. I am also a video game fanatic - especially in PC gaming. I was wondering if anyone could assist me by providing any preferred languages/tutorials/websites/books or any additional information that would help me get started with PC game development? I realize that my asking of these questions makes the process of learning game development seem somewhat linear and underestimated, but I am trying to find a good starting place. I have many game ideas and I have created small Java and C games on GUI applications. I have created many games on GUIs such as Bomberman, Tetris, Minesweeper, and my own demo of Fire Emblem(turn based rpg). Even though I have created working games on stand-alone applications and web applets, I REALLY want to create a strong in PC game development and find a correct route in order to do so.
I am fully open to any advice and suggestions at any time.
Please feel free to also email me at dalisay_david@hotmail.com .
Thank you,
Dave