Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Dark Rising Studios - Alpha Phase

Started by Arcubilis Jan 10, 2012 at 6:06 AM 5 replies 2.2k views
Original Post
Arcubilis
Arcubilis

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Team Name[/font]

  • [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Dark Rising Studios - Australian Registered Company, NSW[/font]

    Project Name

    • [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Cure[/font]

      Brief Description

      • [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]

        An isometrically viewed 3rd person zombie title that will focus on single and multiplayer as well as a survival game-type. This is a 2.5D production - the world and objects within it are completely created in 3D. There is no 2D work or sprites.[/font]
      • [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]An intuitive skill tree will allow for optimization of abilities that are inherently already possible [such as using a hammer to build objects]. [/font]
      • [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]

        Extensive inter-item relationship system in which players can use items interchangeably for different effects. This is not necessarily item creation but more-so item inter-utilization.[/font]
      • [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]

        Any and all items that can be picked up will essentially be usable in some fashion.[/font]
      • [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Use of fortifications, movement strategies, storyline choices, and other possibilities will allow you to defend and immerse yourself in a story of power struggle and corruption within yourself and the world around you.[/font]
      • [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Unique game aspects will allow the ability to think critically and logically about the environment in regards to scavenging for materials, utilizing scarce weaponry and ammo and other realistic possibilities.[/font]
      • [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Use the environment to your advantage or blaze the trail [if you have the ammunition].[/font]
      • [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Many other features.[/font]

        Target

        • [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Free to play single player with pay-to-play or DLC multiplayer/survival modes.[/font]

          Compensation

          • [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]This project is voluntary and will not provide any compensation unless the game is published. [/font]
          • [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Prestige and merit will be offered to all involved and proceeds from DLC content distribution will be divided in a predetermined fashion dependent on involvement and amount of contribution.[/font]

            Technology

            • [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Unity Engine[/font]

              Current Staff / Team Structure


              • [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif](1) C# Programmer[/font]
              • [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif](1) Sound Engineer / Score Developer[/font]
              • [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif](1) Organic 3D Modeler / GUI Developer[/font]
              • [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif](1) Writer[/font]
              • [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]

                (1) Environmental Designer[/font]

                [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Current Available Positions[/font]


                • [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif](1) 3D Animation Designer[/font]
                • [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]

                  (1) Organic/Object Modeler[/font]

                  [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Website[/font]


                  • [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Corporate Site: [/font]

                    [font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]http://www.darkrisingstudios.com[/font]


                  • [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Public Forum: http://forums.darkrisingstudios.com[/font]

                    [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Contact Information[/font]

                    • [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Email: demigod@darkrisingstudios.com[/font]
                    • [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]AIM: arcubilis[/font]
                    • [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]MSN: arcubilis@hotmail.com[/font]

                      [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Previous Development History[/font]

                      • [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]MUD Development[/font]

                        Main Menu:

                        Cure1small.jpg Char1small.jpg

                        z1.jpg


                        [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Thank you for your time [/font]

                        [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]an[/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]

                        d [/font][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]

                        interest in our project.[/font]


                        [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Regards,[/font]

                        [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Damian Jankowski[/font]

                        [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Chief Operations Officer[/font]

                        [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]Dark Rising Studios[/font]

                        [font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]http://www.darkrisingstudios.com[/font]

Revofire
Revofire
It's interesting how as I read this... I thought, Dead Frontier.. the first sentence in "Brief Description" I thought Unity3D. I was right. Well I do not fit the criteria for people needed, best of luck!
Arcubilis
Arcubilis
I looked into that game since you mentioned it. Our project is not really too comparable to this one other than it is a zombie title.

Thank you for your interest, however!
Arcubilis
Arcubilis
I decided to share some artwork to spur some additional interest. Main menu currently added and I will add some models and story information in the near future.

Please feel free to contact us if interest stirs within you.

demigod@darkrisingstudios.com
JoeSchmoe
JoeSchmoe
@Legend911

Writer for DarkRisingStudios here. I guarantee that Cure is almost entirely dissimilar to Dead Frontier, even down to the general aesthetic and the feel of the game itself. As stated above, one of the few commonalities that the games do share is that both are zombie survival titles.

On a separate note, we're still looking for a 3D Animation Designer, an Organic/Object Modeler, and a 3D Environmental Designer!
petererinkveld
petererinkveld
I was looking for a game project to get involved in and I saw you guys are looking for an environmental designer.

I would love to apply for this job, I'm a motion graphic designer myself, but I do some 3d as well. I worked in the art team for a game on my study which turned out pretty great!

Some of mine projects that might be of your interest:
http://petererinkveld.nl/?ml_portfolio=game-art

These were made in a day, so dont be too hard on them :
http://petererinkveld.nl/?cat=25

Let me hear what you think!
Arcubilis
Arcubilis
Thank you for your interest Peter, I've sent you a message.

I've also added some graphic art from our development for interested parties to view.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.