Original Post
Well hello there.
I've been the programmer for games for quite some time now, but I would really like to get more in tithe visuals of it all. I've messed with Maya, Blender, Zbrush and all that wonderful stuff, but the programs are so complex I shut down at the thought of trying to learn any one system/UI. I'd like to start with Blender since it is free and has a larger community.
But I need a starting point! Some small goal or point to work towards and (possibly) some one to be a mentor to me.
Can anyone suggest where I might start?
I should be getting my new PC soon, so I can't start with modeling just yet, but I might need sketching work...
In the meantime, words of encouragement and places to star?
Thank you commooooooonity.
I've been the programmer for games for quite some time now, but I would really like to get more in tithe visuals of it all. I've messed with Maya, Blender, Zbrush and all that wonderful stuff, but the programs are so complex I shut down at the thought of trying to learn any one system/UI. I'd like to start with Blender since it is free and has a larger community.
But I need a starting point! Some small goal or point to work towards and (possibly) some one to be a mentor to me.
Can anyone suggest where I might start?
I should be getting my new PC soon, so I can't start with modeling just yet, but I might need sketching work...
In the meantime, words of encouragement and places to star?
Thank you commooooooonity.