Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

spritesheet generation

Started by flashinpan Jan 15, 2012 at 12:33 AM 3 replies 2k views
Original Post
flashinpan
flashinpan
I can make the individual images, but I need help creating a spritesheet.

Can someone recommend a tool that they use for this that they like using that is easy to use?
BrianJensen
BrianJensen
I like what Black-Rook posted. Very nice. Was going to post something else but that one is just amazing. I'll have to favorite that one.
Sprite Creator 3 VX & XP WARNING: I edit my posts constantly.
menyo
menyo
Looks like a nice app Black-Rook definatly have to try that out.

For Photoshop, Gimp or something alike just setup a grid system and drag all your sprites in it. To setup a grid in PS you should go edit > preferences > unit and grid setup.
bateristt
bateristt
If you are on Mac I suggest you to use Sprite Master. It generates sprite sheets with your sprite images automatically and generates your sprite sheets possible smallest size with advanced algorithms (like MaxRects). It also generates output for coordinate data of your each sprite in the sheet.


You can take a look at YouTube video here.

Here is a screen shot of it:Sprite_Master_Features.png
http://www.mobinodo.com/spritemaster

http://www.twitter.com/mobinodo

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.