Original Post
I keep reading all kinds of websites that are protesting by shutting down their sites for a day. How can you protest the idea that shutting websites down is bad, when you are shutting down your own website, which people may want/need to even use that day. So not only is this idea dumb in my opinion, you are also making your users angry. Why don't these people actually do something useful like write some letters or go talk to their representatives. Probably lose just as much in daily ads for your site that you could just keep it up, use the ad revenue to fly or maybe even just walk down the street, to talk to your representatives. (I'm talking about the big names people speaking out against it, not just poor regular internet users.)
I mean I get the idea: this is what could happen permanantely and not just one day, but shutting your website down does not actually do anything except hurt yourself. Like "I'm going to kill myself if you don't change your bill."
I mean I get the idea: this is what could happen permanantely and not just one day, but shutting your website down does not actually do anything except hurt yourself. Like "I'm going to kill myself if you don't change your bill."