Original Post
I been long searching hard for the right code to do proper billboarding regardless of camera angle used. I tried a few samples but found that they either don't seem to work right in certain camera angles, or only billboard for me when I translate the camera around the world with camera angles not having any affect on them billboardwise, cause when I rotate the camera it still rotates the polygon when its not suppose to, Then finally I found some useful code over on this site http://www.mvps.org/..._billboards.htm . This works flawlessly regardless of camera angle and position. However there is just one problem. I do not like the fact I'm stuck having to work with a diamond shaped polygon. I tried making it just a regular square but everything I tried fails. Even tried rotating the poly itself by its Z axis 45 degrees but then I end up losing the billboard effect. Is there anyway I can use this technique and work with regular squares / rectangles rather than the "diamond" that microsoft was using? Thanks in advance.