Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Nvidia SDK sample not working correctly

Started by Key_46 Jan 28, 2012 at 11:02 AM 2 replies 3.5k views
Original Post
Key_46
Key_46
Hello everyone, something weird is happening, 2 days ago I downloaded the Parallax Mapping sample from NVidia's DirectX10 SDK, the sample was pre-build so i just ran it. The effects are working fine except for silhouette effect:

http://i.imgur.com/Xr7xB.jpg

Recompiling the sample locally not helped. I posted this problem on NVidia forums and I was replied that the Sample works perfectly on other systems. I remember downloading this SDK somewhere in the past and everything worked fine. Other individual samples are also working fine with and without recompiling. Already update video driver but didn't help.

What could be the cause of this problem? Microsoft's HLSL compiler? Driver-Hardware compatibility?
XVincentX
XVincentX
I think you should check out your drivers and update them,if necessary.
InvalidPointer
InvalidPointer
You can check this more thoroughly by running the sample in the reference rasterizer. If it looks fine there, smells like a driver and/or hardware problem.
clb: At the end of 2012, the positions of jupiter, saturn, mercury, and deimos are aligned so as to cause a denormalized flush-to-zero bug when computing earth's gravitational force, slinging it to the sun.
Key_46
Key_46

You can check this more thoroughly by running the sample in the reference rasterizer. If it looks fine there, smells like a driver and/or hardware problem.


You are right, running perfectly on reference.

http://i.imgur.com/wLxfl.jpg

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.