Original Post
How would I go about generating the track for this game I'm trying to prototype (done in 3D Studio Max)?
[media]
It should be an endless tunnel that sweeps along a 3D spline, with some obstacles throw in. Best idea so far: loft a circle shape along the spline.
I would also like some pointers into how to manage the geometry i.e how to create it from the loft operation, manage it's 'lifecycle' in memory, collision and texturing.
Also, what to do think of the game idea itself
? It's something like a cross between F Zero GX and Proun.
Thanks!
[media]
[/media]
It should be an endless tunnel that sweeps along a 3D spline, with some obstacles throw in. Best idea so far: loft a circle shape along the spline.
I would also like some pointers into how to manage the geometry i.e how to create it from the loft operation, manage it's 'lifecycle' in memory, collision and texturing.
Also, what to do think of the game idea itself
Thanks!