Original Post
Has anyone tried using AngelScript with Marmalade (formerly known as the AirPlay SDK)? I'm having some problems, some of may just be newbie issues, but I've been poking around (trying to remember how C++ works) and I'm starting to think there's an incompatibility with the way AngelScript expects preprocessor directives and the way Marmalade sets them (Using VS2010 Express atm).
If you don't know how it works, Marmalade creates the VS project and solution files automatically from a platform agnostic .mdk file, so I don't have direct control over the settings (and they are not the defaults). I can change them, as long I don't mind losing those changes later. If you can suggest any options I might try, I'll give them a go and see what happens.
I also posted some details of my experiences so far over on the Marmalade forums, so I won't re-post it all here:
http://www.madewithm...vnet/forum/7207
Since those posts I've been trying to trace through the header dependencies to figure out what is trying to include the Win32-specific stuff, and so far I've tracked it back to a quagmire of conditional defines in as_config.h which I haven't picked through it in detail, but it looks like these could be making some assumptions about the platform that don't match the settings Marmalade is using.
At this point I'm getting a bit lost though, as my knowledge of C++ is too out of date to know what to try next, and the conditionals in as_config.h are pretty complicated. If my guess is correct, some of these conditionals might need tweaked to work with Marmalade, or perhaps changing some preprocessor directives is all that is needed? If you need any more detailed information about the compile options etc., let me know and I'll post them.
- Robert
If you don't know how it works, Marmalade creates the VS project and solution files automatically from a platform agnostic .mdk file, so I don't have direct control over the settings (and they are not the defaults). I can change them, as long I don't mind losing those changes later. If you can suggest any options I might try, I'll give them a go and see what happens.
I also posted some details of my experiences so far over on the Marmalade forums, so I won't re-post it all here:
http://www.madewithm...vnet/forum/7207
Since those posts I've been trying to trace through the header dependencies to figure out what is trying to include the Win32-specific stuff, and so far I've tracked it back to a quagmire of conditional defines in as_config.h which I haven't picked through it in detail, but it looks like these could be making some assumptions about the platform that don't match the settings Marmalade is using.
At this point I'm getting a bit lost though, as my knowledge of C++ is too out of date to know what to try next, and the conditionals in as_config.h are pretty complicated. If my guess is correct, some of these conditionals might need tweaked to work with Marmalade, or perhaps changing some preprocessor directives is all that is needed? If you need any more detailed information about the compile options etc., let me know and I'll post them.
- Robert