Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Need Help With XNA

Started by Acemanjam Feb 2, 2012 at 9:17 AM 3 replies 2.2k views
Original Post
Acemanjam
Acemanjam
Hey all,

I'm very new to programming and have decided to learn c# as my first language, I am currently working on a major project for my year 12 "Software Design and Development" class using the xna framework. I need to load an array of about 30 boxes, as well as a paddle and a ball problem is, when i try to load them only about 9 or 10 of the boxes come up on the screen and the ball and paddle aren't loaded at all. any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Before I loaded the background I didn't have a problem getting the ball and paddle on the screen.

Thanks in advance.

[attachment=6985:Game1.jpg][attachment=6986:Syntax1.jpg][attachment=6987:Syntax2.jpg][attachment=6988:Syntax3.jpg]
Machaira
Machaira
You're doing your drawing backwards. You need to draw the background first, then objects in the foreground - paddle, balls, blocks.
Former Microsoft XNA and Xbox MVP | Check out my blog for random ramblings on game development
winsrp
winsrp
yeah, try to draw first the objects further from the camera, and at last the ones closest to the camera.
Acemanjam
Acemanjam
Okay thanks ill give it a go
Acemanjam
Acemanjam
well it works, thanks biggrin.png but for some reason i need to have two identical loops for the same thing when loading the boxes or else only about half of them show up any reason for this?

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.