Original Post
Hi,
Is there anyone who can guide me in the right direction (or article
). I want to generate UV mapping coordinates for my objects in code. So I would like to generate Plane, Box, Sphere, Cylinder etc. mapping for my objects in code. I am pretty sure there would be standartd algorithms out there to do this. I implemented my own algorithm for box mapping, but I am getting bad results on "edges" (where one vertex is projecting to one face of the box and the other vertex to the other face).
I included two images, one with the my generated mapping ("Incorrect Mapping.PNG") and one which it should look like and was generated by 3dsMax ("Correct Mapping.PNG").
Thanx in advance.
Is there anyone who can guide me in the right direction (or article
I included two images, one with the my generated mapping ("Incorrect Mapping.PNG") and one which it should look like and was generated by 3dsMax ("Correct Mapping.PNG").
Thanx in advance.