Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

GLEW Linker Errors on 64-bit

Started by Geometrian Feb 4, 2012 at 6:35 AM 0 replies 1.2k views
Original Post
Geometrian
Geometrian
Hi all,

I got a snazzy new 64-bit laptop and am trying to get my old projects back up and running.

I'm trying to statically link with MSVC. I continually get linker errors (of the unresolved external symbol variety).

The GLEW distribution page's 64-bit link actually downloads glew32.lib, and similar files. I tried linking against these anyway, but to no avail. I searched for glew64.lib, saw that it does in fact exist, and downloaded it from a third party. Linking against this also appears to provide no effect.

I am aware that statically linking GLEW requires the flag one to #define GLEW_STATIC. I did this.

Help?
Thanks,
-G
[size="1"]And a Unix user said rm -rf *.* and all was null and void...|There's no place like 127.0.0.1|The Application "Programmer" has unexpectedly quit. An error of type A.M. has occurred.
[size="2"]
TraxMate
TraxMate
The 64-bit version of glew is still called glew32. If you are sure you downloaded the 64-bit binaries from glews website then it's the right one.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.