Original Post
I am a beginner when it comes to programming, and I read this article to figure out how to help me get started. After reading, I decided I would try to learn Python first and then learn C++ later on. I made the mistake of telling my friend, who is not a programmer, what I planned on doing and he told me I should dive right into learning C++. He also said I shouldn't try to learn more than one language. Now, I don't know much about programming, so before I started learning anything I figured I should get the opinion of people who are actually programming.
So should I go ahead with my original plan and learn Python first, or should I do what my friend suggested and dive right into C++?
So should I go ahead with my original plan and learn Python first, or should I do what my friend suggested and dive right into C++?