Original Post
Just a couple questions that have been bugging me... I'm wondering what kind of impact each of these elements has on the GPU.
Small vertex data, non 32/64-byte, does this have a significant performance impact? Some documents say to use 32 bytes but I don't know how up to date they are. I'm also manipulating/creating a lot of the vertex data so small vertexes would definitely help out the CPU side.
Floats for data values. It seems a lot of examples/sources use floats as for the data values. Does using other data types for values have any significant slowdown?
Any info or documents about these topics would be very helpful, thanks!
Small vertex data, non 32/64-byte, does this have a significant performance impact? Some documents say to use 32 bytes but I don't know how up to date they are. I'm also manipulating/creating a lot of the vertex data so small vertexes would definitely help out the CPU side.
Floats for data values. It seems a lot of examples/sources use floats as for the data values. Does using other data types for values have any significant slowdown?
Any info or documents about these topics would be very helpful, thanks!