Original Post
I've encountered a problem in a 2d game I'm working on right now that seems super simple, but I can't seem to find an optimal solution for it. I want to have a box that's as large as possible, which contains a single point (let's assume the middle) but does not contain any other points. A drawing here
I need the solution to keep it a square, and while I don't need global optimality, I do need the edge to go right up to the points. Any thoughts? I haven't had much sleep..so maybe my brain just isn't working and it's actually a really easy problem...
I need the solution to keep it a square, and while I don't need global optimality, I do need the edge to go right up to the points. Any thoughts? I haven't had much sleep..so maybe my brain just isn't working and it's actually a really easy problem...