Original Post
Hi, I attached a picture of something I got from a maths book. It is about calculating angle/direction of reflection. I cannot anywhere find actual worked examples using numbers on any type of math used in different rendering methods.
Can someone explain to me why the distance bettween L and N is L-(N.L)N and linked to that, why is the vector N as (N.L)N?
I have studied vector math and I understand the basics, but the way these books "explain" things is not helpful for me, I need to see things in action for understanding, any help is appreciated.
Picture of my problem is attached
http://i44.tinypic.com/i40dna.png
Can someone explain to me why the distance bettween L and N is L-(N.L)N and linked to that, why is the vector N as (N.L)N?
I have studied vector math and I understand the basics, but the way these books "explain" things is not helpful for me, I need to see things in action for understanding, any help is appreciated.
Picture of my problem is attached
http://i44.tinypic.com/i40dna.png