Original Post
I am currently using Raster Tek's normal mapping tutorial after mine went haywire, but I am getting these strange mesh issues. I would assume that because the binormal and tangent calculations work per three vertices, the new mesh normals are being generated without regards to neighboring normals. I guess that the average of the surrounding normals must be calculated to generate a new central normal for every arbitary set of veritces. But the issue is, how do I know how many vertices attach to either vertex, there are an arbitrary, non uniform number of vertices.
I also noticed that in Frank.D.Lunas book Introduction to 3D Game Programming with Directx10, he does all his calculations for the normal map in the shader with no binormal/tangent calculation present in the code. I would preferably like to have all my calculations within the shader itself.
This is an image of the issue at hand:
Thanks
I also noticed that in Frank.D.Lunas book Introduction to 3D Game Programming with Directx10, he does all his calculations for the normal map in the shader with no binormal/tangent calculation present in the code. I would preferably like to have all my calculations within the shader itself.
This is an image of the issue at hand:
Thanks
