Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

[intro to calculation] pose problems N.-1

Started by ZDresearcher Feb 18, 2012 at 12:33 AM 4 replies 1.8k views
Original Post
ZDresearcher
ZDresearcher
so here we have :

1.- A certain amount of people have to pay in same parts a total of $72 000 dollars. If they would be 3 less people then each one will have to contribute with $4000 dollars more . How many people are?

come on guys I have confidence in you
KanonBaum
KanonBaum
What.
I'm that imaginary number in the parabola of life.
meeshoo
meeshoo
You answered your own question? LOL
Concentrate
Concentrate

the answer is 9 smile.png win


May I ask how you came up with that answer? From your question, I generate the following equation

$perPerson = 72,000 / n
4000 = 72,000 / (n-3)

n = 72000/4000 + 3 = 21

So I thought the answer would be 21. Maybe my initial equation is wrong.
RulerOfNothing
RulerOfNothing
The question says "$4000 more" so you want $perPerson + 4000 = 72000/(n-3).

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.