Original Post
Hello all, I am working on making a simple 3D Physics engine for rigid bodies, and have been wondering about the proper way to implement collision response, if there even is a proper way. As of right now, I have been simply doing the Hyperplane Axis Seperation test, and getting a "push" vector, and setting the position of entities to not penetrate the world or other entities. This has been working pretty well, but I was wondering if using impulse based responses would yield any better results, as some things seem to act funny. I guess my real question is, with full force integration applying gravity and all that stuff, is it possible to say, once you hit the floor in a map, apply an impulse to cancel out gravity without bobbing the player up and down, or is setting the position of the player the only real way to ensure a steady response without jittering?
Would using explicit position setting for entity-world collisions, and impulse based response for dynamic entity-entity collisions yield any better results?
Would using explicit position setting for entity-world collisions, and impulse based response for dynamic entity-entity collisions yield any better results?