Original Post
I've been developing games for sometime, while there has never been a solid release me and my partner have been working at the craft for a while. I've always used photoshop, paint, or any of these programs to create sprites. I've seen recently that I would have a much easier time being able to draw the 2D "sprites" myself. However, I do not know how to go about doing this. I have used a freeware program called Inkscape, which utilizes vector graphics, to draw things and export them as rasterized pngs. I notice when I do this, the drawings have what looks like a white border around them that is actually comprised of different shades of white to black (it is a black and white drawing).
I may be going about this all wrong, and if I am I'd like someone to tell me. This is essentially what I'm trying to do: Draw "sprites" with my drawing tablet and turn them into game resources. The way I'm going about it right now creates a white border around the images that will obviously look funky against a game background. I'd like to know how to correct this or a more appropriate program to use. Thank you.
(Attached is a little piece that shows what I'm talking about exactly -- Notice the "white" lines around the drawing)
I may be going about this all wrong, and if I am I'd like someone to tell me. This is essentially what I'm trying to do: Draw "sprites" with my drawing tablet and turn them into game resources. The way I'm going about it right now creates a white border around the images that will obviously look funky against a game background. I'd like to know how to correct this or a more appropriate program to use. Thank you.
(Attached is a little piece that shows what I'm talking about exactly -- Notice the "white" lines around the drawing)