Original Post
Hi there,
For a long time now I have had a a simple physics engine set up that handles collisions between 2d rigid bodies, with thanks to numerous articles online. However, I am noticing errors occurring on occasions where the collisions appear broken. What is reassuring is the fix to these errors doesn't lie in the equations, but instead it lies in the values I have assigned to my Rigid Bodies.
Admittedly, I am both new and self taught in this area of physics and mathematics, and as a result in building my physics engine I have plucked together a wide array of equations from as various different articles with misunderstanding of the very basics. Therefore I come with a fairly ignorant question;
In the following article : http://chrishecker.com/images/e/e7/Gdmphys3.pdf
What values would you deem as common for say, the vectors rBP, rAP, the inertia etc, and should they be scaled respective to the velocity and angular velocity?
I'm self taught, so unfortunately I haven't seen the equations I've learned demo'd with actual values before.
cheers,
Murray
For a long time now I have had a a simple physics engine set up that handles collisions between 2d rigid bodies, with thanks to numerous articles online. However, I am noticing errors occurring on occasions where the collisions appear broken. What is reassuring is the fix to these errors doesn't lie in the equations, but instead it lies in the values I have assigned to my Rigid Bodies.
Admittedly, I am both new and self taught in this area of physics and mathematics, and as a result in building my physics engine I have plucked together a wide array of equations from as various different articles with misunderstanding of the very basics. Therefore I come with a fairly ignorant question;
In the following article : http://chrishecker.com/images/e/e7/Gdmphys3.pdf
What values would you deem as common for say, the vectors rBP, rAP, the inertia etc, and should they be scaled respective to the velocity and angular velocity?
I'm self taught, so unfortunately I haven't seen the equations I've learned demo'd with actual values before.
cheers,
Murray