Original Post
I find the following sentences in DXSDK.
However, if the normal points away from the light, the vertex is extruded to infinity. [color=#ff0000]This is done by making the vertex's world coordinates the same as the light-to-vertex vector with a W value of 0. The effect of this operation is that all faces facing away from the light get projected to infinity along the light direction.
I know the result of the red line, but I don't know the math about it. Can you tell me the math in it?
However, if the normal points away from the light, the vertex is extruded to infinity. [color=#ff0000]This is done by making the vertex's world coordinates the same as the light-to-vertex vector with a W value of 0. The effect of this operation is that all faces facing away from the light get projected to infinity along the light direction.
I know the result of the red line, but I don't know the math about it. Can you tell me the math in it?