Skip to main content
GameDev.net gamedev.net
🔒 Locked

Shader Middleware?

Started by xerzi Feb 23, 2012 at 3:11 AM 0 replies 1.5k views
Original Post
xerzi
xerzi
I know there is middleware, such as havok, which can be used to implement physics in a game engine. I was wondering if there was middleware just for rendering? I know there is Saber3d engine, which isn't free but I've looked at some of the file structures and it seems to provide a very dynamic interface for use in terms of rendering.
Servant of the Lord
Servant of the Lord
I think Ogre3D may be what you are looking for (are you using C++?). People typically call it a "Rendering engine" or a "Graphics engine" to avoid confusion with middleware that helps you design, debug, or create shaders, as opposed to middleware that uses shaders to render.

Topic Locked

This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.

Sign in to reply to this topic.