Original Post
I am working on a video game, currently titled "Galaxy Tactics", and want some input on my ideas. The game is a turn based space conquest game played on a hexagonal grid. It is intended to play like a digital board game where you move pieces around to capture planets and combat the other player/players. I am most of the way through writing up the rules and will post them later when I am done. For the most part, I intended the rules to be quick and simple, but allow for reasonably complex strategy. As it stands now, you could pretty much print a board and some tokens and physically play the game. What I want to know right now is if people think a digital board game like this would be fun to play. Do you you have any ideas to help capture the feel of a physical board game? What about things like game length and learning curve? I think a typical game should take no more than 30 minutes (longer games are always possible with larger boards). I know some of these things you wont be able to help with until I post the rules (comming soon) but maybe you all have some suggestions (including for the title).