Original Post
Yes, I only learn it today, after an entire afternoon spent with several algorithms and data structures C++ samples getting crash on Windows for unknown reason -.-
One answer could be: "for optimization kinda stuffs..."
...
I mean, are you kidding me Microsoft?
Why don't you give me a simple message like "Hey you dumb-ass, here you cannot allocate more then 1MiB onto stack or you must change the linker option"?
On several linux machines all worked fine, even with very large stack allocations (more than 100MB), so what is the real reason?
I know that generally having a really big stack is not so common (an a good idea), but why Microsoft set a lot of limitation without warning the user? ç___ç
edit: wow, same limitation for the heap :|
One answer could be: "for optimization kinda stuffs..."
...
I mean, are you kidding me Microsoft?
Why don't you give me a simple message like "Hey you dumb-ass, here you cannot allocate more then 1MiB onto stack or you must change the linker option"?
On several linux machines all worked fine, even with very large stack allocations (more than 100MB), so what is the real reason?
I know that generally having a really big stack is not so common (an a good idea), but why Microsoft set a lot of limitation without warning the user? ç___ç
edit: wow, same limitation for the heap :|