Original Post
Hey guys,
finally decided to post this because I could not find a solution from anywhere else.
My problem is that when I try to load a texture bmp file and create a shader resource with it and click run, I get the error message saying that creation of the shader resource view has failed (""Could not load texture: %s!").
I'm pretty sure this is a simply a problem of putting my texture files in the wrong directory. I set the Debug--> Vc+ directory-> Executable Directories to the path where my bmp textures are located, but it still gives me the same error message.
BTW, I am using Visual studio 2010
here's a screenshot of my layout and shader resource view creation code
finally decided to post this because I could not find a solution from anywhere else.
My problem is that when I try to load a texture bmp file and create a shader resource with it and click run, I get the error message saying that creation of the shader resource view has failed (""Could not load texture: %s!").
I'm pretty sure this is a simply a problem of putting my texture files in the wrong directory. I set the Debug--> Vc+ directory-> Executable Directories to the path where my bmp textures are located, but it still gives me the same error message.
BTW, I am using Visual studio 2010
here's a screenshot of my layout and shader resource view creation code