Original Post
Hi,
I'm a hobby game programmer. I recently made a small game and put it on Kong (to get feedback and see how players respond etc).
The game is located here: http://www.kongregate.com/games/MakubexFox/teleport-rush
It's 14 MB and made in Unity, so if you don't wanna wait on it you can check the screen shots on my blog
http://8bitmemories.blogspot.in/2012/03/my-1st-game-on-kongregate.html
I'm not a designer so I need help -
1. How do i fill the environment in racing games like in my case? It feels so blank and empty with just 1 sky-box. All i can think of is some buildings.
2. Are there any tips and tricks for making levels / tracks fun? All I could think of was like turns and jumps
3. I have put fence around the tracks so that player / AI don't fall off. Is this a good idea? I wanted floating tracks and hence this issue.
Also, please feel to critique my game / design (other than sound) so that I can improve myself .
Thanks
I'm a hobby game programmer. I recently made a small game and put it on Kong (to get feedback and see how players respond etc).
The game is located here: http://www.kongregate.com/games/MakubexFox/teleport-rush
It's 14 MB and made in Unity, so if you don't wanna wait on it you can check the screen shots on my blog
http://8bitmemories.blogspot.in/2012/03/my-1st-game-on-kongregate.html
I'm not a designer so I need help -
1. How do i fill the environment in racing games like in my case? It feels so blank and empty with just 1 sky-box. All i can think of is some buildings.
2. Are there any tips and tricks for making levels / tracks fun? All I could think of was like turns and jumps
3. I have put fence around the tracks so that player / AI don't fall off. Is this a good idea? I wanted floating tracks and hence this issue.
Also, please feel to critique my game / design (other than sound) so that I can improve myself .
Thanks