Original Post
I have implemented two different ways of using WM_INPUT for capturing Kbd and Mouse messages however in both the mouse is unresponsive when the app is running although clicks, dbl-clicks, and key strokes are captured. I am not sure why the app hangs and why I can't do simple things like drag the window or maximize it.
Using WM_INPUT is not easy, and I am also wondering if it makes more sense to just capture WM_LBUTTONDOWN and WM_CHAR messages since my game is a 2D platformer and doesn't need super fast input handling for the game play.
Does anyone have any opinions on WM_INPUT, working examples, or opinions on windows input in general.
Thanks in advance.
Using WM_INPUT is not easy, and I am also wondering if it makes more sense to just capture WM_LBUTTONDOWN and WM_CHAR messages since my game is a 2D platformer and doesn't need super fast input handling for the game play.
Does anyone have any opinions on WM_INPUT, working examples, or opinions on windows input in general.
Thanks in advance.