Original Post
I currently have a small sprite that I am trying to rotate dynamically. I have look around on google and it doesn't seem like there are very many good solutions without switching to opengl or something. I am now using SDL to render my 2d game. Up to this point I have been able to get away with just making a sprite sheet with different directions. However, I want to be able to rotate to track a moving target to shoot at it so pre-drawing all to possible angles no longer seems like the right solution. Looking on Google it seems like one option is http://www.ferzkopp.net/joomla/content/view/19/14/ but it also look like a lot of people aren't recommending this because its slow or something. Im not really sure what I should do to fix this problem. It seems like a relatively common task in a game that i surprisingly haven't found a good answer to yet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.