How to find bounding volumes ?
How to find first intersection node when sah bvh is build (when ray trace)?
I think he already replied you with that information...
From what I know, Lauterbach's LBVH construction was implemented on GPU and shown some good results (although compared to F.e. split-bvh they were a lot worse), there is also hierarchical LBVH - aka HLBVH, that was also built on GPU and this one yields better results than standard LBVH.
Google some HLBVH papers, there are more of them.![]()
I think he already replied you with that information...
From what I know, Lauterbach's LBVH construction was implemented on GPU and shown some good results (although compared to F.e. split-bvh they were a lot worse), there is also hierarchical LBVH - aka HLBVH, that was also built on GPU and this one yields better results than standard LBVH.
Google some HLBVH papers, there are more of them.
I also read that building LBVH for gpgpu is not good idea. And I read that split-bvh building need bins, but I can't understand what is it bins ?
This topic has been locked by a moderator. New replies are not allowed.
With your permission, GameDev.net uses analytics cookies to understand how people use the platform. You can accept analytics or continue with necessary cookies only. Learn more